- Listener rating: 10/10
- Comments: “Love it!!!” “Good quality.”
- Location: Dallas, TX; Stockholm, Sweden
This is the case study on how we helped a leading beauty business to deliver an exceptional event experience with half of the budget.
*The proof of how their beauty products turned our tech savvy team members into fresh faced beauty gurus remain sealed in our picture album named “Working and dancing in Dallas”. Just kidding, it’s “Working in Dallas”, mom.
Mary Kay is a big name. With astounding 3.5 million consultants stretching around the globe, Mary Kay makes one of the most prominent international beauty and skin care business today. As we all know big companies host big events and Mary Kay is not an exception. On the contrary, company stands out for its immaculate host of events that include conferences, trainings and professional seminars. Occasionally, events are hosted on cruise ships and other exotic venues and may last up to a week. In August 2016 Mary Kay hosted their annual conference in Dallas, Texas. The event was covered throughout major news channels and attracted a lot of attention. “The Dallas West End” that hosted the event released a statement saying that: “The theme for the 2016 Mary Kay Seminar is Discover What You Love. And with over 50 years of success as a company and tens of thousands here in Dallas to support and encourage each other, it is clear that one of those loves is Mary Kay!”. It was the right time for Interactio team to contribute to this half-century long success story.
In order to provide the ultimate Mary Kay conference experience we employed their brand values and acted according to their intricate standards. We knew exactly what we have to do:
1. We have to make Mary Kay people feel important. In such a diverse community integration is key.
2. We have to make each individual get the same message. In order to comprehend the message clearly, attendees have to relate to it in their own words that are specific to their native language.
3. We have to help Mary Kay to mix, fuse and transmit numerous different ideas. Working in so many international markets, the techniques and insights used in one market may be of help to another market but this cannot be done without the aid of interpreting.
4. We celebrate diversity! Mary Kay has a unique business format – the company employ all genders, ages, backgrounds and nationalities. They empower people to share their stories. We make these stories reach the listeners.
International conference means thousands of international attendees. 14,000 people from different countries around the globe attended the conference over the course of 7 days and 150 of them needed translation services on daily basis. Mary Kay were compelled to find the best and most cost-efficient way to translate their annual grand seminar into multiple foreign languages.
Our client Mary Kay expressed their worry to provide real-time interpretation procedure without having to deal with distribution of additional devices.
Mary Kay discovered Interactio at IBTM World exhibition in November of 2015 where our company was selected as one of the top 7 most innovative companies in the industry.
We got on board immediately. Our professional development team ensured that the excellent wi-fi connection was set up for the event by conducting relevant tests. We also spoke directly to the wi-fi provider to make sure that the event goes just as we planned. Our team made sure that the Interactio system could be fully incorporated by using the resources that were already available.
Interactio’s hassle-free hands-free technique of real-time translation process helped to achieve Mary Kay incredible results.
- Mary Kay saved half of the budget on interpreting services immediately after switching to Interactio system.
- Mary Kay received an excellent feedback from the event participants. Interactio users praised both the quality and effortless access to the interpretation service.
- Mary Kay embraced the handiness of Interactio system and created their own branded headphones and power banks that were handed out to participants in need of translation services. It created some extra promotional value and boosted interaction with the participants.
WHAT OUR CLIENT THINKS?
“We’ve been looking for new ways to deliver onsite interpretation and Interactio turned out to be the perfect way to go about it. It was our first experience with an application of this type and Interactio team answered all the questions that came up immediately. As a result, we managed to save 50% of our costs normally spent for interpretation services. Most importantly, I felt a strong partnership with Interactio team throughout the entire process. I’m looking forward to working with them for our future events.” Jonathan Burt (Sales Manager, Europe)
Interested how Interactio can be applied to your specific event? Let’s have a quick chat and we will consult you on saving costs and making your event hardware-free.